Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hemorrhoids? I don't think so!

This is one of our family clowns. Ever since she was little, she has always come out with the funniest things. Things that make us question, "Where did she come up with that?" Like the time our teenage daughter was trying to explain to her father that when teenagers used the term "ghetto" they were not referring to a place, but using the word as an adjective to describe something.......let's just say......trashy. We were on the way home from a church activity as this discussion took place. Brailyn was about 3 years old and was in the car seat directly behind her father and thought she would chime in to help out. She apparently had a perfect view of the back of her father's head, because she said, "Dad, you know.........like your bald spot is ghetto?" We were all speechless a moment before the van was filled with laughter. Yes, it wasn't so nice........but a 3 year old?

One of these events happened again the other night. Madison was crying in her bed so I brought her in to my bed and was holding her. Our oldest son came in to ask me something and noticed his younger sister on my lap and asked, "What happened to her?" Our teenage daughter who was at the computer said, "Night terrors." Brailyn, who was already in bed with me said, "No, hemorroids." Once again, laughter. We aren't quite sure where she learned the term and no she did not know the meaning of the word, but she does keep us laughing. We think we will keep her. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can picture Brailyn saying this stuff. She is so cute. I miss her and she is a very fun person to hang with.

Aunt Vanessa

Vanessa said...

I love your update. You have done a great job with your blog. I am learning from you, to do my blog. Thanks! I look forward to checking your blog regularly. Since, I don't live down there, I can see new photos and updated news and stuff of your family.

Love You All,
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

"Our teenage daughter?" I have a name, you know.
:)