Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's that time of year again!


As much as I have tried to hold on to summer, it still happened. School started! We started August 23rd. Tanner is in the 7th grade this year. Have I mentioned how great homeschooling is? You don't even have to comb your hair to participate. (LOL) Here he is doing a science experiment on density.

Brailyn is now in 3rd grade. We went back and forth on whether she would go to public school or home school and this year public school won. I am a homeschooling mom at heart. I have been homeschooling off and on since Tyson (now 23) was in kindergarten. I love everything it stands for......but I am also not necessarily "anti-public school." At least not completely. It depends on the child, the year, and what we feel is right after lots of praying. For Brailyn right now, public school is working.



Zoe is going to a small preschool this year. They will be bringing in a speech therapist for her. She loves it! She just started yesterday and tells us at the end of the day all about her day..........and with such excitement. It is also good for Madison and Zoe to be getting some individuality. Being only 9 months apart, they have definitely taken on the twin syndrome. This time apart from each other seems to be working to their advantage.........at least for now. Zoe gets her time at school and Madison gets some one on one attention from me with her pre-K work.

Last but not least, Brianna started a new part-time job yesterday. She works for the State Attorney's office and loves it! She is home-schooled and does the dual enrollment program at the college. She started those classes today. I don't know how she keeps up with it all.......early morning seminary, college, online high school classes, and dance. Busy, busy, busy. Oh to be young again! I don't even know if I had that kind of energy when I was young though.

No comments: