Saturday, January 21, 2012

Christmas Day 2011


We had an amazing Christmas again this year! What made it so amazing is family. I just love the "joy" of the Season. Santa was good this year, but it was the "family" time and traditions and the joy of giving that makes the season so special. This year Christmas day was on a Sunday, so we did things a little differently. We got all dressed and ready for church BEFORE any gifts were opened. Then, we each opened only a couple of gifts until after church. We went to church hungry because we didn't want to give up our traditional pancake breakfast Rob makes. We only had Sacrament meeting so it wasn't such a big deal to wait.
I did not photograph very well this day. I still wanted to put a picture of Rob and I up though.
Brailyn is so diligent about writing the sweetest letters to Santa:
This picture is a cheat because they had already been in the front room, but we wanted to do the traditional picture of the kids entering the room. They had not seen any gifts yet, so it was not a complete cheat. :)


















Jordan and is silly faces, lol. However, I am sure he really was this happy inside. haha



Tyson was not feeling well so he does not look so happy here. He never is very smiley in pictures though......so it is nothing new. :)


We had our pancake breakfast after church. Then everyone enjoyed their presents. Then later that day we went over to my mom's house for a turkey and dressing dinner. We watched a Christmas movie. Then on the way home from there we looked at some more Christmas lights. I am now the proud owner of an iPad! The children all pitched in and got me one. I was sure surprised. I was wondering what was up when the night before they told me I needed to wait until Christmas day to open the gift from them (the kiddos). I never suspected that though. I love it! Everyone had a a great day! We all received some amazing gifts, enjoyed delicious food, and had lots of quality family time. What a Merry Christmas we had and I hope you all did too!



No comments: